Are you looking to try something new? Not afraid of heights? If so, give our 30-foot wall a try. Up to four climbers can scale the wall at one time. Climbers must be at least 5 years of age. Use of the wall is free with a GRC Membership or Day Pass. The climbing wass is open as follows:
|Mondays||6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (through April 29)|
|Tuesdays||6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Thursdays||6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturdays||12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Sundays||12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (through May 19)
The Groveport Recreation Center will be reducing its hours for the Summer Season 2013. Monday evening hours will end on April 29th, 2013. Sunday hours will end on May 19th, 2013. Hours for the climbing wall between Memorial Day and Labor Day will be as follows:
Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
CLIMBING WALL RULES
• All climbers must sign the Release of Liability Waiver. Participants under
the age of 18 must have parent/guardian written consent.
• A climber must be at least six years of age.
• Climbers must obey the instructions given by the Climbing Wall
• The Village of Groveport reserves the right to dismiss any climber for
unsafe practices or behavior.
• All climbers must wear furnished protective helmets.
• All climbers must wear harnesses provided by the Village of Groveport.
• All climbers must be secured to the wall while climbing.
• No horseplay is permitted.
• No additional climbers permitted in climbing area ten minutes prior to
• Climbers will be required to take turns if Climbing Wall is busy.
• Non-climbers must stand at least 5 feet from the wall at all times.
• Climbers may not climb up the ropes or auto-belay system.
• When descending, the climber must keep feet flat on the wall, hands off
the wall, and not jump or swing away from the wall or side to side.
• Climbers may not touch other climbers while climbing and may not cross
belay ropes or cables.
• If a climber demonstrates unacceptable behavior (including, but not
limited to: horseplay, cursing, screaming), Climbing Wall Attendant has
right to suspend discontinue climbing privileges. In the event of extreme
violations, climbing privileges may be suspended indefinitely.