On behalf of Mayor Lance Westcamp and City Council, welcome to the 67,000 square foot state-of-the-art Groveport Recreation Center. The $12 million GRC is owned and operated by the City of Groveport. The facility opened on January 10, 2004 and proudly serves the City of Groveport residents and all of southeast-central Ohio. The facility is located in the beautiful 76-acre Groveport Park.
The most heavily used portion of the GRC is the fitness center. Novice and veteran exercise equipment users will enjoy our many pieces of equipment. If you are not sure how to use a certain piece of equipment, just stop by the Fitness Desk. Our Fitness Attendants will be happy to assist you, but are not certified to give you a workout plan. Certified Personal Trainers are available at an additional cost.
- All of our 16 pieces of equipment have instructional placards, offer custom fitting and easy weight selection and change. A total muscle workout can be achieved by going through a circuit.
- This is the same equipment used by many college and professional sports teams. Users actually load free weight on to the equipment. 18-pieces fill the space. Users are amazed at the smooth plane of movement. Many of the upper body pieces offer bi-angular movement.
- The GRC offers dumb bells ranging from 2 lbs. to 80 lbs. and also has a number of moveable benches and smaller weight bars to choose from.
- The GRC offers a wide array of cardio machines including: Treadmills, Cross Trainers, ARC Trainers, Upright Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, NU Step, Adaptive Motion Trainers, X-Rides and Rowing Machines.
- Non-traditional equipment includes Smith Machine, Functional Trainer, Precore Stretcher, Paramount Assist Chin and Dip, medicine balls, stability balls, abdominal roller, body bars, etc. The fitness center also has 10-televisions, equipped with Broadcast Vision. Simply bring in your personal FM radio with headset and listen to one of the stations.
Relax or swim some laps in our indoor 145,000 gallon pool that is complete with zero-depth entry leisure area, frog slide (for children 10 years of age and under), lazy river, 25 meter lap pool, and lounge chairs. The water temperature is kept between 83 and 85 degrees. The GRC employs American Red Cross Certified Lifeguards. Classes offered in the pool include Water Aerobics, National Arthritis Foundation Classes, Swim Lessons and Lifeguarding Classes. Note: The indoor pool has different hours than the building itself. Schedules are available at the front desk.
Our elevated 1/10-mile track is composed of shock absorbing rubber. The track is three lanes wide and the traffic pattern alternates daily (see signage).
The GRC has 2-regulation size gymnasiums, complete with floating hardwood floors, adjustable height basketball rims, digital scoreboards, spectator seating and divider curtain. The gym schedule is posted in the hallway outside the gym doors. The gyms are used for basketball, volleyball, soccer, kickball, dodgeball, special events, dances and more.
Rock Climbing Wall
Are you looking to try something new? Not afraid of heights? If so, give our 30-foot wall a try. Up to four climbers can scale the wall at one time.
Group Fitness Studio
A majority of our fitness classes are held in the studio. The rooms does not have any windows, so privacy is never an issue. The room's floors are suspended which makes exercising easier on the joints. Other amenities include mirrors, ballet bar and premium sound system. For a complete listing of classes, please visit the Fitness section of the website.
The GRC offers both Male, Female and Family Locker Rooms. All of the rooms also lead out to the indoor pool deck. Please bring your own lock as lockers are for daily use only.
Expansive Lobby & Lounge
Relax in one of our leather over-sized chairs or couches after your workout or grab a snack from one of our vending machines and eat at one of our many tables.