Lifeguarding Instructor Course
The purpose of the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor course is to train instructor candidates to teach the basic-level American Red Cross Lifeguarding course.
• Be at least 17 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
• Possess a current basic-level certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
• Successfully complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course prior to the precourse skills session via the class roster and online content completion status report.
• Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor course.
• Exhibit the characteristics required of an American Red Cross representative and role model.
• Follow the directives and procedures related to the conduct and administration of American Red Cross courses, including the Instructor Agreement and Instructor Code of Conduct.
• Conduct courses in a manner that helps participants to stay engaged in the learning process and meet course objectives.
• Perform applicable Lifeguarding skills to the standard at instructor-level skill proficiency.
• Plan for and ensure participants health and safety during training.
• Maintain complete and accurate records and reports.
• Plan, organize and conduct the Lifeguarding courses in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures and the requirements of the specific course they will be teaching.
• Monitor participants’ practice, evaluate performance and provide corrective feedback and encouragement that is consistent with the skill assessment tools.
• Recognize that the requirements in the skill assessment tools are criteria for ascertaining the proficiency of a participant performance.
• Effectively use program materials and training equipment for the online prerequisite, precourse skills session and classroom component.
2 | Lifeguarding Instructor Course Fact Sheet
• Explain procedures for acknowledging course completion and accessing American Red Cross digital certificates.
• Deliver quality, consistent and standardized content by following the Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual.
|Course Dates/Times:||ARC Requirements to attend the course:||Registration Deadline:|
|Saturday, Feb 18th 9:00am-5:00pm
Monday, Feb 20th 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Tuesday, Feb 21st 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Wednesday Fed 22nd 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Thursday Feb 23rd 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday Feb 24th 4:00pm - 8:00pm
|-Must be at least 17 years old on or before the last day of the course
-Must hold a current ARC Lifeguarding Certification
-Must complete the online course work prior to attending the course.
|Feb. 10th at 4:00pm|