Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
Rec Senior Center
Rec Senior Center
Show All Answers
What is Healthways?
Healthways is the leading provider of specialized comprehensive Health and Care Support solutions to help millions of people maintain or improve their health and, as a result, reduce overall health care costs. Healthways’ programs are designed to help healthy individuals stay healthy, reduce risk factors for certain diseases and conditions, and promote the best possible health for those already affected by disease.
What is SilverSneakers?
Healthways SilverSneakers Fitness Program is the nation’s leading fitness program designed exclusively for older adults. This comprehensive program addresses the physical, mental and social needs of Medicare-eligible members (usually 65-plus). Adults over age 65 who adopt a physically active lifestyle can substantially improve their health to get more out of life. Providing a comprehensive yet easy-to-use fitness program is proving to be a viable solution for health plans, their members and participating locations. SilverSneakers members of a sponsoring health plan receive a no-cost basic membership that includes the opportunity to participate in the signature SilverSneakers group exercise classes.
I am currently an annual pass holder (formerly called member) of the Groveport Recreation Center. What happens to my current annual pass/membership?
Your current annual pass/membership will be put on-hold while you are enrolled in the SilverSneakers program. If the SilverSneakers program is terminated either by me, the Groveport Recreation Center or SilverSneakers, the hold on my pass/membership will be lifted and I will be obligated for the remaining months on my pass/membership and I will have full pass/membership privileges.
• If you paid with cash or credit card, you will NOT receive any type of refund.
• If you paid via Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT), our staff will not charge your account during the time in which you are enrolled in the SilverSneakers program at our facility. If the SilverSneakers program is terminated either by me, the COG or SilverSneakers, my account will be charged for the remaining months on my pass/membership and I will have full pass/membership privileges.
How do I know if I am eligible for SilverSneakers?
• Pick up an Enrollment Packet at the Groveport Recreation Center (Front Desk).
• Complete the forms in the packet. It is required that you include your 16-digit identification number found on your Healthways I.D. Card, which you should have received from your health insurance company.
• Turn in your completed forms to our staff for confirmation of eligibility.
NOTE: If you do not have a Healthways 16-digit identification number or Healthways I.D. Card, our staff will have to check with Healthways regarding your eligibility. Our staff will then get back to you and let you know of your status.
If I am eligible does it mean that my spouse is also eligible?
No. Our staff will have to verify each of you individually.
Once it is verified that I am eligible for the SilverSneakers program, what do I need to do so I can utilize the facility?
1. After turning in your completed forms and after our staff has confirmed your eligibility, our staff will enter your information into our recreation management system.
2. Our staff will then schedule an orientation session for you. At the orientation, our staff will give you a tour of the facility and also provide you with information on how to use our fitness equipment.
3. After completing the orientation, our staff will take your photo and make you a Groveport Recreation Center I.D. Card. This card will enable you to use the facility.
NOTE: This entire process may take a week or so, depending on the forms submitted, eligibility confirmation, processing and orientation.
How long is my SilverSneakers program good for at the Groveport Recreation Center?
You will be eligible for the program as long as you remain eligible through your health insurance program.
When I come to the facility what do I need to provide for entry?
Our staff will issue you a Pass Card containing your name, photo and a bar code. Simply pass the card (facing up) under the scanner at the front desk located in the middle of the lobby. Once we have verified your scan, our staff will “buzz you in”.
If I use the locker rooms, am I required to bring a padlock to the facility?
We encourage all patrons to secure their belongings in a locked locker. Patrons are responsible for bring their own padlock to the facility. Items may not be kept in lockers overnight.
Are there any facility rules that I need to be aware of?
Yes. Staff has developed a number of facility rules for each area of the facility. A copy of the rules will be attached to your SilverSneakers Program Registration Form.
What will I have access to at the Groveport Recreation Center?
You will have access to everything that a normal pass holder/member has access to on a daily basis, which includes:
• Fitness Center
• 1/10 Mile 3-Lane Elevated Track
• 2-Hardwood Floor Full Court Gyms
• Heated 145,000 Gallon Indoor Pool
• 30 ft. Rock Climbing Wall
• Locker Rooms
• General Areas
Does the SilverSneakers program allow me to utilize the Groveport Aquatic Center (Outdoor Water Park) and Groveport Senior Center?
No. The SilverSneakers program only reimburses the City of Groveport for your use of the Groveport Recreation Center. You are welcome to use the Groveport Aquatic Center and Groveport Senior Center as long as you pay the normal going rate at those facilities. Rate information is available in the
Can I bring a guest with me to the Groveport Recreation Center?
Yes. However, they must pay for a day pass.
I heard that Fitness Classes are FREE. Is that the case?
Classes noted as SilverSneakers are free for you and your fellow SilverSneaker friends. However, you will be charged the normal rate for any other programs and classes.
If I have other questions about the Groveport Recreation Center, who should I contact?
Please contact one of the following individuals:
Cathy Kirkwood, Administrative Assistant,
614-836-1000 ext. 1505 email@example.com
Stephania Bernard-Ferrell, Sports/Fitness Manager
614-836-1000 ext. 1513 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kyle Lund, Recreation Director
614-836-1000 ext. 1503 email@example.com
If I need to speak to someone directly representing the Healthways Silver Sneakers program, who do I contact?
Please call the Healthways Customer Service toll free at 1-888-423-4632 (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., EST).
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow